As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we rely on your support.
As a 501(c)3, the Center operates on a very tight budget. Our office is largely furnished and equipped through the generous donations of furniture and computers by Center supporters. We reuse all office supplies whenever possible, including binders, case folders, and paper. Our Executive Director has worked pro bono on a full-time basis for over 15 years.
Even with our best efforts to keep costs low, we spend an average of:
- $5000 for each full exoneration hearing
- $1500 per DNA test
- $750/month on postage, toner, and miscellaneous office supplies
- $300/year to maintain electronic case files
- $150/month on investigation expenses
- $150/month on fuel to visit clients and interview witnesses
We need your help to defray these costs and more. Your support will help ensure we have the resources to thoroughly investigate and respond to each claim of innocence we receive.